Organizing is the word for 2009, this is the year. Are you rolling your eyes, Mr. Wonderful is. How much more accountable can I make myself, I’ll put it here for the whole world to see.
I love Thrifty Decor Chick so I’m doing her challenge starting 1/12.
I stink at organizing, I try and then all of a sudden I have just moved the pile.
We (Mr. Wonderful and Messy Ole Me) are going to do some big projects this year.
- Scrapbook/Craft Room
- Lyssa’s Room
These three rooms are the biggest challenges and I am going to win.
A great starting point.
I will keep a running log here of what we accomplish or don’t accomplish…..
It was packed full of everything from board games, to water bottles, lunch boxes, rubbermaid this and that, but not anymore.
On to project #2 the Craft Room….
Mr. Wonderful getting started…..
A thrift store find, painted and hung! The scrapbook room is painted will show you some pics when I get curtains hung.
We have had a busy weekend.
I still have a lot of organizing to do in this space, I have a wish list.
My wish list-
- A painted dresser to the right of the silver shelf to get rid of some of the plastic containers I’m currently using. Paint it either red or turquise and use vinyl letters to label the drawers with whatever is inside them.
- Shelving for the wall above the cricut counter.
- My old ottoman covered in something floral, I think. I can use the ottoman for a seat for Mr. Wonderful so he can hang out with me while I create. (Did you see how little my t.v. is I doubt he does a lot of hanging out, but I love my t.v.)
- Floor lamp so I can use the .49 cent shade I found at goodwill this weekend.
- Red hat boxes or something similiar for the shelves.
- The perfect quote for the wall.
- A great desk, I’m going to use a folding table until I find the right one.
- Scrapbook room closet cleaned out and organized, two boxes of clothes for goodwill.
- Bedroom dresser cleaned off.
- Cleaned out another box of clothes from my closet for goodwill.
I like the new look of my bulletin board. (sorry about the glare)
I wanted to add some recent projects.
I need to paint the above table but I just can’t decide what to do with it.
I tackled the bathroom sink recently and decided to wait for a couple of weeks before bragging. I figured the girls would not keep it clean. I was wrong.
We’ll we are at it again. This time I (We) declared war on The Baby’s Girl’s Room and I have to say I’m pretty proud of what we accomplished.
I have been an organizing machine this weekend. I worked in the Craft Room for hours today.
This weekend Garage Sale was another chapter in the year of organizing.