I am so happy with my old ugly window.
I spent $0 and didn’t sew!!! Here is what I did.
I spray painted it with black matte paint, used a sander to distress it. Hung it from a wide red velvet ribbon. Used old garland, folded one piece in half so it would be a little fuller. Ran wide red ribbon and a thinner pattern ribbon through the garland, tied it with florist wire. Cut the burlap to the size I needed (size would depend on the size of your letters I think), grabbed my largest alphabet stamps and stamped on the burlap with permanent black ink. I was going to sew the banner, but decided to try to do a no sew. I folded the burlap over another pattern ribbon.
See the pins, I pinned it until the glue dried…….when my First Born came up the steps and said, “That is awesome.” I knew I had achived success.
I grabbed the berries off of another wreath and the jewel was finished. I think tomorrow I will have to spend a few dollars for a few more berries, I want to add one more bunch to the right side.
I’ll be linking to a few blogs this week with my junk to jewel project!