I’m not going to mention losing weight that has been a goal for 20 years and well it’s not been very successful so I’m taking another angle this year….here’s the list and a little bit of a plan…
Take a picture everyday and by the end of the year have some type of journal with those pics. Today’s pic…
Lena dressed for success, going out in the cold to get a picture for her Mama. I needed a pic of “wind” for the photo challenge and Lena takes some awesome pics, she didn’t get the picture but she sure got a lot of laughs for her wardrobe choice.
Come up with an exercise plan-hopefully including Alyssa and Carl, calling the Y tomorrow about my options. Until something is worked out we’ll continue to get our workout from Wii, it’s kicking our butts.
Do Something creative everyday, sketch, scrapbook, knit, journal, read something creative etc.
Learn to cook healthier.
I have chosen my word of the day. My cousin Jennifer has a word that she has been using for awhile and she’s keeping it for 2008-it’s Fabulous, I love that word. My friend PJ actually gave me the idea for my word and I have a little RAK for her.
My word for 2008 is…
I love the following verse and will be displaying it in my scrapbook room and office at work as a reminder of my word. I have decided with grace as my focus how could I possible go wrong. Not only recognizing the grace God gives me, but striving for offering the same grace to others.
1. A state of sanctification by God.
2. Elegance and beauty of movement or expression.
3. A sense of propriety and consideration for others.
4. A disposition to kindness and compassion; benign good will: “the victor’s grace in treating the vanquished”.
5. (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors.
6. A short prayer of thanks before a meal.
7. Free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God: “there but for the grace of God go I”.
1. Make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; “Decorate the room for the party”; “beautify yourself for the special day”.
2. Be beautiful to look at; “Flowers adorned the tables everywhere”.
So using Grace as my focus for 2008 I hope the following things.
To remember to say Grace before our meals on a more regular basis.
To show grace to others when I’m hurt or disappointed.
To see the beauty in not only the obvious but the everyday things that go on around me.