I really worked on making myself a better person, a better wife, mother and friend. We spent an entire year in marriage counseling and it was the best thing we could have done.
- Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I was so depressed I didn’t even make resolutions, but this year I have some goals I’m not calling them resolutions just goals.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Mikey had Baby Tate in September and he is a doll.
- Did anyone close to you die?
Lena and Shane’s grandmother died and that was hard. I had known Grandma Linda since I was 14, we didn’t always have the best relationship but I had called her while Tom was deployed a few times in 2007 and I know she appreciated it.
- What countries did you visit?
I moved to Venus Lane does that count?
- What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Time and patience. Good quality time with my kids and husband.
- What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 11th, Carl called that day and wanted to talk. It had been a long two month seperation and I didn’t know what “our talk” would bring, but it brought a lot of understanding, forgiveness and healing.
The work that Carl and I put into our relationship and how much stronger and connected I feel to him.
- What was your biggest failure?
My relationship with Shane has been such a bumpy ride and I keep praying about it and turning it over to God, but then I seem to take it away from God and start working on it myself and I just make a mess out of it.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had pneumonia this year, but this year had been a scarey year for us with Alyssa. Her asthma has been out of control, they have ordered xrays, blood work and even an MRI trying to see what is causing the ongoing issues.
- What was the best thing you bought?
My camera! Love it, but now I’m ready for a SLR.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have to say Lena’s. This had been a year for great growth for her and I’m really proud of her. The second person I have been so proud of this year has been Carl’s son Jon, despite what everyone around his says and does he continues to be a loving son to Carl and accepts me. I have enjoyed getting to know him and hope in 2008 to spend more time with him.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Carl’s children and family. My heart breaks for Carl not only for the hurt he feels because two of his kids, but his mother and her reaction to his life. Carl deserves to be loved and supported and I just don’t think she is capable of that if she’s not controlling his life.
- Where did most of your money go?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Let’s see-Alyssa’s baptism was a highlight for me. I’m very proud of her. The Toby Keith concert. Jeremy and Sarah getting engaged. Jordan being back home with Aunt Linda. Marsha coming for Christmas. Carl’s promotion at work. Being asked to be part of a new online scrapbook magazine.
- What song will always remind you of 2007?
- Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I am MUCH MUCH MUCH Happier. I have to say my life is more peaceful and stable then it has ever been. I believe I’m nicer, I think that comes naturally when you aren’t sulking and depressed about life. I wish I had showed more patience to Shane, and more appreciation to Carl.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve I spent with the Christmas/Rodgers bunch and Christmas Day was just Carl, myself and my kids.
- Did you fall in love in 2007?
I sure did, I fell in love with my husband all over again and it’s even better then it was the first time around.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Hands down it was Dancing With The Stars and then General Hospital, Carl and I tape and watch these together.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
The thing I learned in 2007 is when you hate someone they have all the control. I will never use my energy for hate or even dislike ever again (God willing). I have learned that the people who hurt and disappoint you can only hurt and disappoint you if you let them. There are several people in my life that I have every right to dislike but instead I pray for them daily, you can’t dislike someone and pray for them at the same time.
- What was the best book you read this year?
Between Sunday’s (Karen Kingsbury)
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Marie Osmond’s Christmas CD
- What did you want and get?
A second chance at my marriage
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I’ve become addicted to LifeTime.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 41 and I’m trying to remember what I did. I think Carl and I went to Chipolte.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
For things to be ok with my brother and dad, and for Carl’s mom to accept me as part of his family.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfortable! I have quit wearing heels at work, I am addicted to sweat suits after work.
- What kept you sane?
Without a doubt my FAITH, scrapbooking, Alyssa and Carl.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Nancy Grace, what a woman of integrity and convinction. I love her!
- What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m such a news hound it’s hard to pin point one, I hate the power that Hollywood uses to get involved in politics (especially Rosie), I’ve been disappointed in GWB and I was a huge fan, the war in Iraq has caused me frustration because there are young men and women over there giving up their lives and protecting us and we’re over here armchair quarterbacking…
- Who did you miss?
The answer to this will probably always be the same, my Mema. It’s been 10 years but I still think of her daily. What an awesome woman, recently I journaled about her in a book I’m doing for Lena and I think I summed it up well, she was always slow to anger and quick to forgive..wouldn’t this world be a better place if we were all that way.
- Who was the best new person (people) you met?
Wow, this is a tough one. I’m trying to think of who I met in 2007. I’ll have to come back to this question.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
When you forgive someone, you get the bigger blessing out of it.